Dear peoples, here is a batch script to merge(concatenate) your action cam video files into one file without going through the process of re-encoding the whole thing.
This especially usefull for actioncam footage, like GoPro, Gitup Git2, SJCam, etc.
The script makes use of FFmpeg, so make sure you download it first: https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html
set path2exe="C:\Program Files\ffmpeg-20160813-6612d04-win64-static\bin\ffmpeg.exe"
(for %%i in (*.mp4) do @echo file '%%i') > list.txt
%path2exe% -f concat -i list.txt -c copy output.mp4
- Paste this code in Notepad
- Change the path2exe parameter to the path where your ffmpeg.exe file is
- Change .mp4 to the filetype that you ant to merge
- Save the script as xxxxx.bat, and place it next to the files you want te merge.
MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO OTHER FILES OF THE SAME TYPE IN THAT FOLDER!!!
- Make sure theat there is enough free space on your hard drive to save the file
- Double click the .bat file and wait :-)
Hope this is usefull!
Credits for the script go to 0012012, see his original post here.